Collis Food Policies
Student Organizations and Departments are permitted to bring their own food to meetings and events, as long as the food is store bought (pre-packaged). Student Organizations and Departments are also permitted to prepare their own food for Collis events (including Tom Dent) as long as they fill out the form a full week before their event.
Catering is defined as any delivery and/or serving of food at Dartmouth College. All catering must be provided by an insurance-compliant caterer.
The following guidelines apply to all events with food:
- When making your reservation, please be sure to schedule adequate set-up and break-down time for caterers.
- Drop off catering must be delivered and picked up during the reservation period. It is likely that another group will be using the room prior to the catered event so the food cannot be dropped off early.
- For large events in Common Ground that may require a served or buffet meal, the caterer may need another room to use as a staging area. Room 101 is a large conference room adjacent to Common Ground that may be used to serve and is reserve-able on an as available basis.
- Collis does not provide serving items, i.e. linens, utensils, water, ice, etc. Please do not take supplies (paper plates, plasticware etc.) from the Collis Cafe.
- Organizations must provide tablecloths for any surface where food is served or consumed.
- Special permission must be granted by the Collis Cafe Manager whenever food is to be served near the Collis Cafe (i.e. in the Cafe area or on the Patio areas).
- Paganucci Lounge (in '53 Commons) has the requirement that any caterers other than DDS must be approved by Erica Murray of Dartmouth Dining Services.
- Event organizers are responsible for seeing that each room is left in a neat and tidy manner and that all policies are adhered to. Furniture must be returned to its original location. Tables and counters must be cleaned. Any extra cleaning charges will be assessed to the event host and his/her organization/department.