Travel for Your Organization's Members

When your organization plans to travel off campus, our emergency procedures require that we keep information on student organization out-of-town trips for emergency purposes. ALL travel must be reported prior to departure using the Travel Contact Information form. Failure to do so could result in loss of group privileges and/or reimbursement for group travel expenses.

Renting a Car

You must follow the Approved Driver Requirements above.

For travel that originates and ends in Hanover, or for one-way regional travel

Contact the Enterprise-VOX Car Program at 646-1869. You can arrange the car rental there, and the cost PLUS mileage will be charged directly to your organization's account.

IMPORTANT: Please go to this instruction link (Enterprise - VOX Instructions) prior to making the reservation. It is important to understand how to correctly make this reservation to avoid overcharges.

The Enterprise Office is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.   If you plan to pick up a vehicle when the office is closed, please indicate the date/time when the office is open for you to pick up the keys and gas card. There will be a later prompt to indicate the actual dates/times you will be using the vehicle.  Once your reservation is complete, please print two copies of the confirmation. One of them you will need to bring with you to the Enterprise-VOX Office on the date/time of your reservation, the other copy is for the Treasurer's Corner. Please e-mail it to, or drop it off at Collis 211G.

For travel beyond our region

Option 1:  Arrange your own rental car and submit the Business Expense Reimbursement Request form for reimbursement (be sure to attach the itemized/detailed receipt and receipt showing payment was made with a zero balance due).

Option 2:  You can submit a Travel Office Authorization form. We can then forward the information to Travel Leaders and let them know you are authorized to contact them and make reservations. You will need to provide the Travel Office with your own personal credit card and your driver's license for this transaction.

Most rental car companies will not charge your credit card until after the car is returned.  However, if it is charged in advance, the Travel Policy has changed allowing for reimbursement to be processed prior to the actual travel.

Personal Mileage/Gas

When using your own personal vehicle, you must still follow the Approved Driver Requirements above.

Activities within the Hanover/Lebanon/Norwich/White River Junction area that can be characterized as "errands," such as trips to the store for food, supplies, etc., are not subject to the College Student Driver Policy.

Option 1: Request a payables advance ahead of time. Use the Payables Advance Request form.

Option 2: Submit the Business Expense Reimbursement Request form for reimbursement.


Preferred method

  • Use the College Travel Office to make travel arrangements for your organization.
  • Before you contact them, they need to receive advance notice from our office that you will be making reservations and that you are authorized to do this.
  • Use the Travel Office Authorization form. We will forward the information and let them know we have authorized you to make the reservation.

Alternate method

  • If you choose to make reservations yourself through an on-line service, you would need to charge your personal credit card to pay for the tickets. You can be reimbursed prior to the travel by submitting the Business Expense Reimbursement Request form.  You will need to provide an itemized receipt showing payment was made in full.

Other Bus/Train Service/Amtrak

(not listed above)

Option 1: Request to use the Travel Credit Card in our office.

Option 2: Pay out of pocket and submit the Business Expense Reimbursement Request form, for reimbursement (be sure to attach itemized/detailed receipt).

Option 3:  If Option 2 is not possible because you do not have a personal credit card or cash to pay out of pocket, you can request a Payables Advance.

  • Deadline for purchases up to $500 is 1:00 pm, five business days ahead
  • Deadline for purchases more than $500 is two weeks ahead


You must submit a Travel Credit Card request form to book your lodging.

The travel card cannot be taken out of the office (Collis 211G), so your arrangements will need to be made while you are in our office.