2020 Poster & T-shirt Contest Guidelines
- Posters & T-Shirt design submissions should reflect and include the theme/title, "A Blizzard of Unbelievable Beasts" and may reference the tagline: "A Carnival of Cryptids"
- This theme should be combined with a connection to Dartmouth and traditional winter events. The words "Dartmouth Winter Carnival" must appear somewhere on the poster & shirt design.
- Designs MUST be original content and may not include trademarked or copywritten characters, names, or images. Most folklore creatures and concepts (e. g. bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, yeti, wendigo, et. al.) are public domain and permissible, provided they are not drawn on a version of these creatures protected by copyright. Clear parody may also be permissible. If you have any questions about whether your idea/design is permissible under this standard, please feel free to blitz [email protected] and we will be happy to review the design and advise you.
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Posters should be created at 'poster size/proportions' (24" x 30" or 24" x 36") so that we do not need to blow up the poster and ruin the quality of your work.
- Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size.
- To keep the printing cost down, your t-shirt design may contain at most 2-3 colors.
- You may submit more than one design.