Application Process Details
- Complete the online SPEC funding application through Dartmouth Groups.
- Submit this form electronically through Dartmouth Groups along with a budget (in Excel format) at least 3 weeks prior to your event. Normally, all applications received by Friday at noon will be reviewed the following Monday during our weekly meeting. While filling out this form, be sure to review the Event Planning Guide.
- Before submitting your application, please confirm that you and your organization's advisor understand the SPEC funding guidelines. To confirm this, you and your advisor will submit digital approval of your application (built into the submission of the form).
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation of the application's receipt followed by information for the presentation of your proposal.
- Present to SPEC: You will give a brief description of your event, run through your proposal and budget, then receive and respond to questions from the committee.
- The SPEC Chair will contact you with a decision within 48 hours.
- Approved SPEC funding will be transferred to your group's account using the chart-string you provide, or by check. Checks will take longer to process.
- Following your event, you must return the event review form and all receipts to the Collis Center for Student Involvement office by noon the Friday following your event.