Leave Term Resources in the US

How to get help outside of NH (in the US)

If you are on a leave or off term within the United States but outside of NH, you are still eligible for resources to support your mental and physical health.

Please note: Dartmouth College Health Service (DCHS) providers are not able to provide consultations outside NH due to licensing regulations. 

  • For mental health concerns, you:
    • Are eligible for a triage appointment with the Counseling Center to assist with recommendations for mental health support while not in residence.
    • Are eligible for Counseling Center assistance with a referral to a community provider.
    • Beginning Nov. 1, 2022 will have access to free, unlimited teletherapy services through Uwill.
    • Have 24/7/365 access to crisis mental health support by calling 603-646-9442. If calling outside of regular business hours, students will be directed to press 1 to access crisis services.
  • For other medical concerns:
    • Dartmouth Student Group Health (DSGHP) Members
      • Should call the number on the back of your identification card to locate an in-network provider.  You can also go to the Cigna directory (https://hcpdirectory.cigna.com/web/public/consumer/directory/search?consumerCode=HDC001)
      • If you choose to be seen by an out of network provider,
        • Some will bill the plan directly, the benefit level will be different in network v. out of network. 
        • Some providers may bill you directly, and give you the bill to submit to Wellfleet for payment, and
        • Some will require you pay the entire bill upfront whereby you would then submit their paid invoice to Wellfleet for reimbursement.
    • For other health plan and insurance carriers, you should refer to the information for your plan, generally located on the back of your identification card.