Eligibility for Services



  • Counseling Center services are available to all full-time, enrolled students (undergraduates, graduates, Tuck, Thayer, and Geisel School of Medicine).
  • Services at the Counseling Center are free.
  • Students needing long-term therapy may receive a referral from the Counseling Center to a community mental health provider.
  • A courtesy visit is offered to students who are on a leave term.

Spouses/Domestic Partners of Students
Spouses or domestic partners of full-time enrolled students are eligible for a one time courtesy visit to obtain a referral to a community mental health provider.

Dartmouth Faculty and Staff
Dartmouth Faculty and Staff seeking counseling services are not eligible to be seen at the Counseling Center. Faculty and Staff should contact Dartmouth College's Faculty/Employee Assistance Program (F/EAP). There are two ways to access the Faculty/Employee Assistance Program (F/EAP):

  • Call 844.216.8308: You'll speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require, including local providers for in-person counseling.
  • Visit GuidanceResources® Online, click on Register and enter your company ID: Dartmouth and then follow the registration prompts. You will find timely, expert information on thousands of topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, and financial. You can search for qualified child care and elder care, attorneys and financial planners as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.