Senior Week includes a variety of events for the graduating class planned by their Class Council, a committee made up of seniors, and student volunteers with the support of the Collis Center for Student Involvement.
Senior Week brings together graduating undergraduate students to celebrate as a class and to culminate their Dartmouth experience. Since Senior Week is funded by class funds and the student activities fee, these events are intended for graduating students. As a result, attendance at most Senior Week events is limited to graduating students. Any exceptions to this are noted in the event details below.*
For complete Commencement details and updates, please check the College's Commencement Webpage.
Monday, June 5th - Wednesday, June 7th
9:00pm-12:00am: Stargazing and S'mores
Collis Center, Information Desk & Patio
- Join us for nights where the laughs are guaranteed, and the marshmallows are plentiful. It'll be S'more Fun than Ever!
Monday, June 5th
4:00pm-6:00pm: Alumni Relations Open House
Blunt Alumni Center
- Come by the Alumni Center for a welcome to the Dartmouth Alumni Community! Explore content, resources, and tools for new graduates just launching their careers. Pick up door prizes and enter raffles led by the alumni relations teams and enjoy snacks from local businesses.
9:30pm-11:00pm: Observatory Tour
- Your Dartmouth Degree (congrats, btw) isn't the only thing out of this world! Come join us for a tour of the Shattuck Observatory and watch the stars sparkle in the Hanover sky! You must sign up for a tour in advance since the Shattuck Observatory has very limited capacity.
Tuesday, June 6th
1:00pm-3:00pm: Academic Skills Center's Senior Celebration
Outside Novak, Rain Location: Academic Skills Center (Berry 178)
- Calling all seniors! Come celebrate your impending graduation with the Academic Skills Center. Drop by so ASC can give you a high-five and wish you well in your new adventures. We'll have music, prizes, photo ops, cake, and bubbly (sparkling cider)! Whether you're an ASC regular, or have never used our services, ASC would love to see you there!
2:00pm-4:00pm: Sisters of Anarchy Ice Cream Truck
- The Dartmouth College Fund has got a sweet idea: make your senior class gift (of any size) and get a scoop from Sisters of Anarchy ice cream truck! If you've already given, swing by to get your cone as our way of saying thanks. All proceeds directly support financial aid packages for the incoming Class of 2027.
5:00pm-8:00pm: Last Dinner @ FOCO & First Year Residence Hall Reunion
- You voted for your favorite FOCO meals... and FOCO will be cooking them! Join all the '23s for our last dinner. There is an option to reunite by first year residence hall, which will be marked at the tables. There will also be designated space for transfer students. You must bring your Dartmouth ID to enter.
Around the World Tails
7:45pm Check In, Collis Center, Common Ground
8:00pm-10:00pm, Various Hanover Restaurants & Campus Spaces
- Check in at Collis Common Ground right at 7:45pm. Come meet other '23s who will be in the same city/area after graduation! Hosted at various spaces in Hanover and on campus. Locations will be announced individually at check in. Please check in at Collis Common Ground for your location and drink tickets.
Wednesday, June 7th
11:30am-1:00pm: Senior Poster Printing at the Book Arts Workshop
Book Arts Workshop (Outside Orozco Room in Baker Library)
- Print a special poster just for the Class of 2023 designed by Isaac Feldman '23 & Theo Trefonides '23.
12:00pm-2:00pm: Bartlett Tower Tours
- Last Chance: climb the 86 steps of Bartlett Tower, the historical tower built by the classes of 1885-1895 that replaced the Lone Pine.
1:00pm-3:00pm: Ledyard Rentals
Ledyard Canoe Club
- Last Chance: All aboard for a final Dartmouth voyage! Your degree might keep you afloat, but why not make some waves before you sail off into the sunset? Hop onto our free kayak and canoe rentals for Senior Week – skip this event, and you'll be in deep water!
2:00pm-5:00pm: Senior Class Field Day
Gold Coast Lawn
- Had a glow-up since Middle School? Want to bounce around like you did when algebra homework was all you had to worry about? We've got you covered! Join us for a day full of Field Day activities, like bouncy castles, tie dye, and more!
8:00pm-10:30pm: Outdoor Movie (Rain Date: Thursday, June 8th)
- Lights, Camera, Graduation! Hitch a ride to the past with us as we screen 21 Jump Street under the Hanover stars during Senior Week. Bring your blankets, popcorn, and tissues (for tears of joy or the movie, your call). Join us for an evening of cinematic nostalgia - miss it, and you're skipping a reel-y good time!
Thursday, June 8th-Saturday, June 10th
9:00am-4:00pm: Regalia Pick Up
Paganucci Lounge, '53 Commons
- Seniors and graduates can pick up pre-ordered regalia during this time. There will only be limited regalia available for purchase ($28 and cash only).
- Limited supply of graduation gifts will only be distributed during Thursday and Friday regalia pick up times, so please pick up your regalia before Saturday!
- Undergraduate caps and gowns are worn with appropriate attire during the commencement ceremony on Sunday. They are not worn on Class Day.
Thursday, June 8th
9:30am-5:30pm: Senior & Grad Day at the Dartmouth Co-op
- The store will be 20% off for all graduating seniors. Students must show a valid Dartmouth ID to get the discount.
12:00pm-3:00pm: Jewelry Studio Session
Collis Center, One Wheelock
- Last Chance: Create your own cling bracelet with the Jewelry Studio! Sign up in advance for a limited spot here.
1:00pm-3:00pm: House Communities Celebration
Allen House: The Cube
East Wheelock House: House Professor's Home, 13 East Wheelock (Rain Location: The Onion, 12 Crosby St.)
North Park House: Occom Commons
School House: The Cube
South House: House Professor's Home, 5 Sanborn Road (Rain Location: Onion, 12 Crosby St.)
West House: House Professor's Home, 18 Webster (Rain Location: House Professor's house, 18 Webster)
- Congratulations from your House community, we have one final House event for you! Please join us as we wish you farewell and celebrate your graduation with food, conversation, and house mementos.
3:00pm-6:00pm: Senior Beer Garden
Entrance at Gold Coast Lawn
Enjoy a barbeque, lawn games, live music featuring Brandon Abiuso, Summer on Venus, and Read Receipts, beer & cider with the Class of 2023. For all graduating seniors, *Dartmouth and State IDs are required.*
*If you have out-of-town guests who have already arrived to celebrate with you, you may register up to 2 guests who are 21+ to attend here: https://dartgo.org/23beergardenguests
- Guest registration is due a day before on Wednesday, June 7th at 3:00pm. Guests under 21 are not allowed. Other Dartmouth undergraduates may not be registered as guests.
9:00pm-11:00pm: Pub Trivia with CGB with Late Night Food!
Collis Center, Common Ground
Do you miss Collis Late Night? The first bite of a mozzarella stick after a long night? Hope bringing back that memory wasn't too… cheesy! We're bringing it all back with a twist! Join us for the largest Pub Trivia of the year, with hundreds of dollars of prizes, free late-night classics, and a good time for everyone!
Friday, June 9th
11:30am-12:45pm: Class Connections BBQ
Collis Center, Patio
- *Please drop by the Collis Center Patio to attend the 50th Class Connection BBQ. Indoor and outdoor seating will be available. The Class of 1973 is excited to celebrate together!
3:30pm-4:30pm: Mimosas at the Museum
Hood Museum of Art
- *The Hood Museum of Art invites members of the Class of 2023 and their families to Mimosas at the Museum! Light refreshments, music, giveaways, and of course, mimosas will be provided.
5:30pm-7:00pm: President's Reception
President's House (14 Webster Ave.)
- *President Philip J. Hanlon '77 and Gail Gentes '77a host a reception for graduates and their guests.
9:30pm-11:00pm: FNR presents Senior Week DJ sets by SAFiYAH & Babysp1der
Saturday, June 10th
9:00am: Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal
- Rehearsal is just for graduating seniors only; no guests.
10:15am: Class Day Exercises
Bema (Rain Location: Leverone Field House)
- Join your classmates for Class Day in a special program!
- Please note that Class Day is planned to take place at The Bema, so please wear shoes that are comfortable to walk on dirt in.
- The Class of 2023 Senior Class Photo will be taken following Class Day.
11:00am-2:00pm: Baker Tower Tours
Signups take place at the entrance to the Baker stacks on First Floor Berry right at 11am.
- Here is your last chance to climb the tower as an undergraduate student! Limited spots and time slots throughout the time range will go quickly. Please arrive at 1pm to sign up for a time slot.
- Tours may be canceled at any time due to weather.
- Reaching the tower requires climbing several flights of stairs including a "ladder-like" stair for the last 20 feet. Climbing the stairs may be physically demanding and difficult for any person uncomfortable with heights.
2:00pm: Baccalaureate Service
- *A multi-faith, multicultural service for all graudates and their guests in which we celebrate what we hold in common while also recognizing each tradition's beautiful particularities. It is a time of celebration and worship when we pause, as a college, to reflect and express gratitude and joy for our graduates.
8:00pm-11:00pm: Graduation Gala
Collis Center, Common Ground
- The Collis Center invites all members of the graduating class to a casual celebration in the Dartmouth Student Center. An evening of food and live entertainment await.
- *Family, friends, and supporters are welcome to celebrate with you.
11:00pm-11:30pm: Seniors, Set a Watch
Starting at the Collis Center Patio
- Join your classmates for a special Dartmouth tradition as we end our time as undergraduates at the College. Full details to be blitzed out on the day of the event.
OPAL Commencement Weekend Events
Center for Professional Development Cap and Gown Survey
Graduating seniors, please complete the five minute Cap and Gown Survey around your Dartmouth experience, where you are headed next, and what the CPD needs to think about improving for future classes. This feedback will go towards future planning.
If you haven't already done so, please update your contact information. Receive updates about Dartmouth and other ways to stay involved from near and far!