Medical Clearance Requirements
Returning student-athletes are required to have a physical exam prior to the first year at Dartmouth. If you are uncertain whether you have an athletic physical on file. Please contact Tracy Purcell, Office Manager for Sports Medicine.
The following items are required:
- Complete our Online Medical History Questionnaire. To access the questionnaire:
- Login to your Health Services Portal
- Enter your birthday and proceed.
- On the left side of the screen select: "Forms"
- From the list of Forms select: "NCAA Sports Form- Returning Athletes (2018-19)"
- Complete the questionnaire, being sure to answer all required questions, and where appropriate provide as much detail as possible regarding previous injuries or illnesses.
- Once completed, click "Submit Final" at the bottom of the questionnaire.
- You will get a message that the questionnaire has been successfully completed.
- Provide documentation for use of any banned prescription medications including for ADD/ADHD (if applicable):
- A detailed explanation of what is required is included on the Medical Exception Waiver.
- Documentation of the use of these banned medications is required to be re-submitted annually as long as you continue to participate in NCAA athletics.
- You must provide specific documentation of diagnosis and treatment to allow for medical exception.
- Refer to their website to read more about the NCAA drug testing program.
- A positive drug test could keep you from participating in your sport for up to one year.