Athletic Clearance Requirements
The following items are required
- The Athletic History and Physical Exam Form must be filled out completely; form will not be accepted with unanswered questions. The form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO) or a Nurse Practitioner. Forms completed by another health professional will not be accepted unless co-signed.
- Per the NCAA, all student-athletes must satisfy the Sickle Cell Testing Requirements by doing one of the following:
- Provide results of prior Sickle Cell Trait testing to the Health Service. This may be either newborn screen or more recent testing. Or,
- Sign a waiver form declining to be tested or declining to submit proof of prior testing for Sickle Cell Trait (waiver is included in Athletic History & Physical Exam packet)
- Documentation for use of any banned prescription medications (if applicable). Student-athletes taking prescription medications to treat ADD/ADHD will be particularly affected.
- You must provide specific documentation of diagnosis and treatment to allow for medical exception (Medical Exception form included in Athletic History & Physical Exam packet).
- A detailed explanation of what is required for medical exception in other banned classes can be found in the Athletic History & Physical Exam packet.
- All enrolled Dartmouth students are required to meet specific health requirements prior to the start of classes, as directed by the Medical Records office. Athletic Clearance is dependent on first being compliant with these requirements (listed below). Instructions for these requirements can be found on the Medical Records Website.
- Dartmouth Immunization Form
- Tuberculosis Screening/Testing Form
- Online Health Forms
- Special Authorization for Minors (if applicable)
A checklist of ALL requirements will be included on the Athletic History & Physical Form.