Scheduling a Consultation or Program
Outreach and discussions are tailored to the individual interests of the group and often focus on a particular counseling related topic, preventative strategies, or available resources.
Educational workshops and other presentations are available to the College community. We consult by advising student groups, serving on panels, and speaking at presentations on issues of importance to the community. When a crisis occurs, we meet with affected community members to provide support and group facilitation.
Examples of educational programs:
- Campus Connect Gatekeeper suicide prevention training
- Sexual Assault Peer Alliance (SAPA) training
- DP2 Sports Nutrition education
- DP2 Sports Mental Health education
- How to deal with stress, perfectionism and procrastination
- Depression and suicide in college students
Examples of consultation requests:
- A student wants to know how to talk with a friend who has an eating disorder
- A professor is concerned about the gradual decline in a student's performance and classroom behavior and wants to find out what to do