Crisis Mental Health Services
The Counseling Center offers 24-hour crisis (emergency) mental health services for enrolled students or for those who are concerned about an enrolled student. While most counseling services are scheduled on an appointment basis, there may be crisis situations that require immediate or same-day intervention.
A crisis might involve:
- Thoughts and/or plans to hurt yourself or someone else
- Engaging in a behavior that is life-threatening
- If you have been assaulted, physically or sexually
- Concern for a friend
During Regular Business Hours (M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.):
- Call the Counseling Center: 603-646-9442 (Leave a message with your call back number and be sure your phone can receive messages).
After Regular Business Hours:
- Call the Inpatient Department (IPD): 603-646-9440 (fall, winter, spring terms)
• Call Safety & Security: 603-646-4000 (summer term and term breaks)