Through International SOS (ISOS), Dartmouth's primary emergency assistance provider, and Starr Insurance, all students, staff, faculty, college officials, volunteers, board members, Dartmouth approved guests and their dependents have access to 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance including medical, security, travel assistance and urgent and emergency medical insurance when traveling internationally, outside of their permanent country of residence, on Dartmouth sponsored activities. The coverage includes sojurn travel 14 days prior to a trip, during a trip and after a Dartmouth sponsored trip/activity. Learn more, review the FAQ flyer and obtain a summary of ISOS and Starr's benefits through Dartmouth's Travel Assistance Program.
ISOS can help students connect with:
• Mental health professionals providing support in more than 60 languages.
• Support available through the ISOS Dedicated Line 24/7, every day of the year.
• Access to five (5) counseling sessions at no cost, per incident per year. Fees may apply in excess of five (5) counseling sessions per incident*.
• Counseling method tailored to your needs: phone, video-call or face-to-face (if available in the area student is living).
*NOTE: to be eligible for 5 counseling visits at no cost, students must be travelling for college-related activities and call ISOS and ask ISOS to arrange the visits. ISOS can also help connect other students located internationally to services, but they will be billed full price. They can then submit their bill to insurance for reimbursement.
How Students Access ISOS Support
1. Call ISOS at: +001(215) 942-8478
2. The ISOS representative will ask for the following details:
- Member Number: 11BSGC000018
- Current location
- Reason for call
- After assessing your concerns, the representative will connect you with a medical team member who will evaluate your needs and help determine the appropriate next step. Some options might be a face-to-face consultation, a phone consultation, or video call.
- You will have access to 5 visits/consultations at no cost. Student should not receive a bill from the therapist or ISOS. If student encounters any issues, they should call the Counseling Center at (603) 646-9442. *Fees may apply in excess of five (5) counseling visits/consultations per incident. Call ISOS to inquire about the specific fees.
NOTE: If you are abroad and cannot make international calls, you can contact ISOS in other ways.
- Download the ISOS app to phone and, with WIFI, call ISOS for free, or use the live chat feature.
- E-mail ISOS. The e-mail is checked 24 hrs/day.