Over the summer, students will participate in training to develop and improve their public speaking, facilitation, and communication skills. In the fall and winter, facilitators will deliver programs to first-year students.
Through this role, Student Facilitators will spend a great deal of time interacting with and mentoring first-year students and will be campus culture change agents.
Summer term (4-6 hours/week total)
- Indiviudal practice
Fall term (4-10 hours/week total)
- Weekly meeting and continued training
- Deliver programs
Skills & Application
Students applying to become a Student Facilitator are not expected to have any previous public speaking/facilitation skills or content knowledge. By participating in training over Summer 2019, students will:
- Develop and improve public speaking & facilitation skills
- Learn how to manage challenging situations and participants
- Improve your ability to give and receive feedback
- Learn content knowledge around sexual violence; on- and off-campus resources & support services; healthy relationships & sexual health; identity, power and privilege; and bystander intervention