The Student Wellness Center is currently hiring students to facilitate programs for first-year floor meetings for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Over the summer, students will participate in training to develop and improve their public speaking, facilitation, and communication skills. In the fall, facilitators will partner with First-Year UGAs to deliver programs to first-year students via floor meetings.
Through this role, Student Facilitators will spend a great deal of time interacting with and mentoring first-year students and will be campus culture change agents.
This is a two-term commitment with training over Summer 2018 and program delivery over Fall 2018.
Summer term (4-6 hours/week total)
- Training: 2-4pm on Mondays & Fridays throughout the term
- Note: this training time overlaps the 2 and 3A class blocks
- Practice: 0-2 hours/week of individual skills practice (on your own time throughout the week)
Fall term (4-10 hours/week total)
- Weekly meeting: 1 hour/week, time TBD based on students' schedules
- Deliver programs: 3-9 hours/week
- Note: Most floor meetings occur on Sunday evenings, with some occurring on other weeknights. Given this, you must be available 8-11pm on Sunday evenings and at least one other weeknight.
Skills & Application
Students applying to become a Student Facilitator are not expected to have any previous public speaking/facilitation skills or content knowledge. By participating in training over Summer 2018, students will learn the following skills & content:
- Develop and improve public speaking & facilitation skills
- Learn how to manage challenging situations and participants
- Improve your ability to give and receive feedback
- Learn content knowledge around sexual violence, on- and off-campus resources & support services, healthy relationships & sexual health, diversity & identity, and bystander intervention
Complete the application and submit it to Katherine McAvoy by 11:59pm on Sunday May 20th.