The Student Wellness Center is currently hiring students to facilitate SVPP First-Year Sessions for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Over the summer, students will participate in training to develop and improve their public speaking, facilitation, and communication skills. In the fall and winter, facilitators will deliver programs to first-year students.
Through this role, Student Facilitators will spend a great deal of time interacting with and mentoring first-year students and will be campus culture change agents.
Summer term (4-6 hours/week total)
- Indiviudal practice
Fall term (4-10 hours/week total)
- Weekly meeting: 1 hour/week, time TBD based on students' schedules
- Deliver programs: 3-9 hours/week
Skills & Application
Students applying to become a Student Facilitator are not expected to have any previous public speaking/facilitation skills or content knowledge. By participating in training over Summer 2019, students will learn the following skills & content:
- Develop and improve public speaking & facilitation skills
- Learn how to manage challenging situations and participants
- Improve your ability to give and receive feedback
- Learn content knowledge around sexual violence, on- and off-campus resources & support services, healthy relationships & sexual health, diversity & identity, and bystander intervention