Narcan Administration

Fentanyl-Laced Substances

Dartmouth is aware that fentanyl laced substances (including cannabis) are in our region.  Anyone who uses and or knows others who use illicit substances should familiarize themselves with precautions, responses and resources for a potential fentanyl overdose.  Currently all Hanover first responders including Dartmouth DOSS and EMS are trained in the administration of Narcan and can be called upon by dialing 911. Please know that both New Hampshire and Vermont have Good Samaritan Laws that prohibit prosecution of drug offenses when emergency responses are called upon.  So, please, do not hesitate to call for help if you suspect someone is in need.

Narcan/Naloxone can be obtained from most pharmacies without a prescription. Students can obtain no-cost Narcan/Naloxone from Dick's House Pharmacy and the Student Wellness Center during regular business hours (8:30 - 4:30).

For more information email: