OPAL Ambassadors aim to increase awareness, knowledge, and skills necessary to create change and engage in productive conversations about diversity, inclusion, and mutual respect. OPAL Ambassadors are diverse student leaders who contribute to the goal of an inclusive campus community by educating on issues of diversity and inclusion among their peers and by helping to create a living, learning, and working environment that is welcoming for members of all identities. OPAL Ambassadors will serve as a valuable resource for their peers and campus partners.
OPAL Ambassadors commit to helping students gain insights, value diversity, and take actions by:
- Working with the OPAL to plan and facilitate peer workshops, education opportunities, and awareness programs that address a wide range of social justice, diversity, and inclusion issues and topics.
- Working with OPAL to create electronic campaigns and tabling events to support campus-wide programming efforts.
- Seeking out opportunities for collaborative projects with student organizations and campus partners.
- Providing opportunities to develop effective cross-cultural communication skills.
- Educating on and encouraging the use of bias incident reporting and other campus resources.
- Becoming a nationally Certified Peer Educator, including certificate, membership card, and resume attachment.