Cash Advances up to $500
The Cashier's Office will only permit a person to have one cash advance out at a time. You must reconcile your first advance before requesting a second advance.
Please make your request at least three days in advance.
- Treasurer submits a cash advance request by 1:00 pm, three business days ahead. The treasurer should complete the request, but it needs to be in the name of the student who will actually be responsible for the cash.
- We prepare a Payment Request form for the finance center, along with a paper copy of the Business Expense Report form (with some information already entered), as the advance will later need to be "reconciled" on this form.
- Once the Payment Request form is approved by the finance center, an e-mail goes out to the Treasurer's Corner staff and the student who will be responsible for the cash, saying that the cash is ready for pick-up at the Cashier's Office. Please ignore this email.
- We will email the student when the cash is ready to be picked up in 301C Collis.
- The student picks up the cash in 301C Collis.
- The student manages the cash and keeps track of all expenses and itemized/detailed receipts.
- Within five days after use of the funds, the student reconciles the advance by completing and signing the Business Expense Report form and returning it to 301C Collis along with all receipts and any leftover change. The amount returned should be entered in the space for Amount Due College.
- If the student needed to use personal funds for expenses higher than the cash advance amount, this additional expense should be entered in the space for Amount Due Payee on the Business Expense Report form. A reimbursement check will be mailed to the student.