Cash Advances up to $500
The Cashier's Office will only permit a person to have one cash advance out at a time. You must reconcile your first advance before requesting a second advance.
Please make your request at least three days in advance.
- Treasurer submits a Cash Advance Request by 1:00 pm, three business days ahead. (Note: The treasurer should complete the request, but it needs to be in the name of the student who will actually be responsible for the cash.)
- We prepare a Payment Request form for the Finance Center, along with a paper copy of the Business Expense Report form (with some information already entered), as the advance will later need to be "reconciled" on this form.
- We will email the student when the Business Expense Report form is ready to be picked up in 301C Collis.
- The student picks up the Business Expense Report in 301C Collis and the Payment Request form is submitted to the Finance Center.
- Once the Payment Request form is approved by the Finance Center, an e-mail goes out to the Treasurer's Corner staff and the student who will be responsible for the cash, saying that the cash is ready for pick-up at the Cashier's Office.
- The student picks up the cash at the Cashier's Office..
- The student manages the cash, keeps track of all expenses on the Business Expense Report, and provides itemized/detailed receipts. Receipts should show name of vendor, itemization, and that payment was made.
- Within three days after use of the funds, the student reconciles the advance by completing the Business Expense Report form and returning it to 301C Collis, along with all itemized/detailed receipts and any leftover change. The amount returned should be entered in the space for "Amount Due College".
- If the student needed to use personal funds for expenses higher than the cash advance amount, this additional expense should be entered in the space for "Amount Due Payee" on the Business Expense Report form. A reimbursement check will be mailed to the student, provided your group has the funds available.