Physical Wellness is caring for your body to allow for optimal health and functioning, including making intentional choices with respect to alcohol and other drug use, nutrition, illness prevention, physical activity and movement, sexual health, sleep, stress management, and safety.
Ways to Nourish your Physical Root at Dartmouth
- Fuel your body! Choose a variety of delicious, nutrient-rich whole foods regularly.
- Move your body! Dance, swim, run, walk, play sports, kayak—any activity that you find fun that gets you moving!
- Care for your body! Rest and hydrate when you’re feeling under the weather and get medical care when needed.
- Get in touch with the providers at Dick’s House with questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Rest your body! A regular sleep schedule aiming for 7-8 hours a night is ideal. Check out Refresh, an online sleep quality improvement program available on Canvas: To sign up, email Refresh.