General Travel Guidelines
- Groups may receive funding for 2 “travel experiences” per year.
- If you are traveling with your organization for any reason, you must complete the travel form (found on the Collis website under additional forms) and submit online
- Our emergency procedures require that we keep information on student organization out-of-town trips on file in case of an emergency.
- If traveling internationally, there are additional requirements. Please visit the Global Dartmouth website under ”Travel Registry”
- All groups looking to travel by plane must submit their proposal at least 3 weeks in advance of the start date of travel
- All travel must be to and from Dartmouth
- Must provide details for how you will bring back information from the conference back to campus. For example, hosting a dinner discussion. Must ”bring back” what you learned during the travel experience to Dartmouth in the form of a meeting, event, other…
- Seniors may not travel to a conference during spring term senior year.
- COSO will fund up to eight participants. For additional participants, justification must be explained.
- All drivers must be college approved.
- COSO will fund transportation for up to four students. For additional participants, justification must be explained.
- All flight travel arrangements should be made through the Dartmouth Travel Office. For more information see Travel.
- Proposals for travel with air travel must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of the departure date.
- Four to a room, except where gender is a factor.
- COSO will not incur the cost of food for conference or travel expense.