Outdoor Events

To reserve outdoor spaces, contact Conferences and Events at (603) 646-2923.

Obtaining Reservations and Permits

If you would like to hold an event in an outdoor space (Mass Row, BEMA, etc.), start by requesting the space through Dartmouth Groups at least two weeks in advance. Then, contact the Events Facilitator in Conferences and Events or Collis Reservations as quickly as possible to confirm if you need a town permit, set-ups, power, water, etc.

It is also advisable to book a rain location for any events held outdoors so that you have an available backup should the weather not cooperate with your outdoor plans. 

Outdoor events require that an outdoor permit be applied for and approved first with the Conferences and Events office and then with the Town of Hanover. Conferences and Events has these forms on file in their office. Specifically for noisy outdoor events (i.e.concert), there are town regulations that prohibit outdoor amplification after 10 p.m. during the week and after 11 p.m. on weekends. Conferences and Events requires an 8-day lead time to receive and process permits.  

Please review the Outdoor Event Reservation Policy and the town ordinance