Public Film Screening

Obtaining Movie Rights

If you wish to show a movie on campus in any sort of public venue, legal regulations require that you purchase the movie rights for showing the film. The two vendors that are the primary distributors to college for mainstream films are Swank and Criterion. When you order a movie, they will send you a copy of the DVD for screening. You mail the movie back to them after your event is over. 

Outdoor Film Screenings

The following applies to showing a film outside: 

  • A permit must be approved by the town of Hanover. This process is facilitated by Conferences & Events. (Unless the event is on the Collis patio) 
  • Screening rights must be obtained prior to showing the film/movie. 
  • No R-rated movies can be shown outside.