- COSO is the primary source of event funding for COSO member organizations and will not provide funding to non-COSO organizations. If you apply for COSO funding, you cannot receive funding from other Undergraduate Finance Committee (UFC) groups.
- COSO funds events that cost less than $5,000. If the total cost is above that amount, you must apply to SPEC. However, request for publications, conferences. travel, and supplies over $5,000 may apply to COSO.
- All events must connect to mission and purpose of your organization.
- Any leftover money from any event will be returned to COSO.
- COSO does not fund retroactively.
- Funding is only for events that happen during academic terms. Events during reading period, interim, or finals will not be funded.
- No ticket sales to undergraduate students.
- Movie and media screenings must observe copyright laws.
- Events must be open to the entire campus and advertised via the campus-events listserv.
- COSO does not typically fund weekly meetings for normal organization planning or business.
- COSO does not fund recruitment events for new members. At the beginning of the year, however, groups can request a one-time $100 recruiment fund.
- Academic Competition teams are limited to spend no more than $6,000/year.
- Selective organizations may apply for events that are open to all of campus.
- 2 Instructional workshops by outside instructor per term
Dartmouth student organizations shall not use their status as a recognized group to access space, resources, or services, at the request of or on behalf of an outside, non-Dartmouth entity.
- Three regularly scheduled events with food (lunch/dinner) per term.
- You must have a specific topic, date, speakers, location on your proposal.
- All proposals must include an itemized food budget. Proposals without itemized budgets will not be considered.
- Option 1: $7 per person for catered food or $8 per person for cooking.
- Option 2: $3 per person for refreshments
Guidelines for Advertising, Decorations, Costumes
- Advertising: $.50 per person, upward limit of $100/event.
- Costumes: up to $20 per costume, either rental or purchase. $60/person per year.
- Decorations: $1/person for decorations (limit $250 per event)