Medical, Disability, or Chronic Health Need Housing

Dartmouth College provides support services and reasonable accommodations to students with medical and/or psychiatric disabilities who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. 


The College strives to address functional limitations and behavioral manifestations by making reasonable accommodations for each qualifying condition. Examples are accessible rooms for mobility-impaired students, fire alarm devices for deaf students, and carpet-free rooms for students with allergies. In addition, we provide temporary assistance for short-term conditions, if space permits. For example, a student may need to move to a ground floor location while recuperating from knee surgery.

Individuals who request housing accommodations for disability- and/or medical-related needs may be exempt from Room Draw and/or the general housing process. To apply for this housing, a student must indicate their need on the BannerStudent application and submit the Documentation for Accommodation Needs Form (we require that the professional/provider completing this form is not a family member through blood, marriage or other legal arrangement) and any appropriate documentation to the Undergraduate Housing Office.