Leave-Term Housing

Applying for Leave-Term Housing

The applicant must fill out the appropriate section of the housing application on the application (found on DartHub under the Housing StarPortal link) and provide written verification of College employment or College-related activity (average of 30 hours or more per week) to the Housing Office.

Leave term housing is not available for fall or spring terms.

On-time leave-term applicants will be assigned as space permits after all on-time enrolled students have been accommodated.  Priority goes first to seniors, then juniors and then sophomores.

Dining Plan and Financial Aid

Any leave-term student living in housing coordinated by the Undergraduate Housing Office (including all undergraduate residence halls and apartments, affinity/special interest programs, and College- or privately-owned Greek and undergraduate society facilities) must participate in a college dining plan at a level no smaller than the “SmartChoice5” or “Block Choice45” plans (or their equivalent).

Financial aid monies that normally go towards room and board are not available for leave-term room and board costs. Students who receive financial aid are asked to meet with their financial aid counselor to review their individual situation and options.