The Importance of Training
What will happen during training?
- You will learn to do your job.
- You will have an opportunity to practice and prepare for dealing with some of the more difficult aspects of the UGA position.
- Your cluster/House staff will develop as a team and get to know each other well.
- Your cluster/House staff will develop group norms and expectations and plan for the term.
- You will prepare your floor and cluster/House for resident arrival.
- You will help with first-year orientation (even if you do not have first-year students).
- Some of your residents will already be living on your floor — you will be their UGA!
A note about continuing education and training for UGAs: All UGAs are expected to continue to develop their leadership knowledge, awareness and skills through continuing education. Details about how to complete these requirements will be shared at the start of each term.