Things to Remember!
- You must have enough people in your roommate group to fill all the beds in the room. For example, to select a double you must have two people in your roommate group, to select a single you cannot be in a roommate group with one or more people.
- Everyone in a roommate group must have a complete housing application and not already be assigned through an earlier process.
- If you are going through your House Room Draw, all members of a roommate group must belong to your House Community.
- Your assignment is for the fall term. You must confirm your housing plans for the winter and spring terms through the Housing Intent/Application for each relevant term.
- If you need to create, change, or add to a roommate group you can do this at any time prior to and including your Room Draw timeslot. REMEMBER – the person with the best priority number/timeslot should be the "Group Leader" for any roommate group. Only the group leader can select a room and they will assign anyone else in their group.
Timeslots: Your time-slot is the date and time you will be able to access the room selection pages in the Housing Portal. Apartment time-slots will be sent on Monday, April 10th. House Community time-slots will be sent on Friday, April 21st. We start each room selection at 4pm and continue until all timeslots have completed for that process or all rooms have been selected. When your timeslot opens, to access Room Draw go to Dart Hub Housing-StarPortal link and select your Fall Application. You will have access to the Room Selection area starting at the beginning of your timeslot. When you get to the Online Room Selection page, click on "building" on the right-hand side to get started. Follow the instructions on the page to go through and select your room. Remember: everyone gets a timeslot, even if you are part of a roommate group. This way if roommate groups change, everyone still has a time they can access the portal. When your timeslot opens, you and others with the same timeslot gain access to the selection pages. If you do not select a room within that 10-minute timeslot, you retain access to the pages, however another group of students also gain access to select.
Vacancy List: The vacancy list will be available on DartHub under the Room Draw Vacancy Report (you can find this using the search function or by going to the Housing and Campus Services tiles). You will receive an email the morning of your Room Draw, when it becomes available.
Cancellation Policy: Your assignment is binding – if you select a room, you cannot cancel your housing and try for a different room. Cancellations received after a room is selected until July 17th are subject to a $250 cancellation fee. After the 17th the fee increases to $500. The fee is automatically waived if you are accepted to an off-campus program or transfer/exchange term after Room Draw.
Housing Waitlist: What happens if I don't get a room? Don't panic! If you are a member of the class of 2026 and apply to the Fall Waitlist by May 16th and remain an "R" for the fall (registered for classes here in Hanover) you are guaranteed housing. Rising Juniors and Seniors will be placed after rising sophomores and are not guaranteed housing. The Waitlist will be available on DartHub, Housing StarPortal on April 28th and is due May 16th.