As a requirement of the position, Resident Fellows live rent-free in on campus housing and will receive an 80 Block Choice meal plan (or equivalent) which is active during the undergraduate terms. Please note that meal plans are NOT active during interim periods and meals will be the responsibility of Resident Fellows.
Since our residential communities are not created equally, please note that some differences exist between what we can offer each Resident Fellow in the form of living space. In some communities the opportunity to access a semi-private bath or private half bath will be available, while others may be asked to use a semi-private community restroom. Additionally, some Resident Fellows may share common space with one another and a full bathroom. As much as possible, all RFs will be provided a private bedroom.
- All Resident Fellow rooms are furnished with a bed frame and mattress (twin extra-long), dresser, desk, desk chair, and bookcase. If there is not a built in closet, then a wardrobe is provided. Furniture may not be removed from the room, but beds may be taken apart and stored under your personal bed, if you would like to bring one.
- In addition, each room has a mirror, towel racks or hooks, and window shades or drapes on all of the windows.
- While custodians clean undergraduate students' private bathrooms, Resident Fellows are responsible for cleaning their own private bathrooms.
- Each room provides Wi-Fi and individual hardwired Ethernet service, free local and domestic long distance telephone service, and access to broadcast television.
- Where can I park on campus? Resident Fellows may purchase a regular graduate resident parking permit for Dewey Lot, which allows overnight parking year-round in Dewey Lot. During the winter parking ban period, individuals are asked to park along the bank side of Dewey Lot, which assists Facilities with their lot treatment and snow removal processes (no additional permits are required for this).
- Will I get a Hinman Box? No, Resident Fellows may choose to receive their mail at their academic department's Hinman Box or they may purchase at PO Box in town.
- How long will this position last? Appointments are for one academic year, renewable with annual review.