Enhancing Our Common Spaces
The program, initiated in 1991, recognizes and celebrates Dartmouth seniors and helps build a stronger sense of pride in our residential facilities by enhancing our common spaces with a variety of student artwork. Students enjoy and are inspired by artwork created by their peers. The name and class year of the artist appears on the plaque affixed to each piece of artwork.
Approximately 15 pieces are selected and purchased each year; the pieces are then displayed in undergraduate residential spaces throughout campus.
To see the list of artists and to view photos of the artwork acquired over the life of the program, please go to the gallery.
We celebrate graduating artists annually at a reception marking the opening of the Senior Studio Art Majors' Exhibition.
- Abigail A. Agwunobi - "Untitled" - Ink on paper
- Noelle C. Anderson - "Mesotidal" - Oil on canvas
- Melissa S. Biggs - "Engulfed in Descent" - Archival inkject print
- Caroline M. Boreri - "Clouds Crocheted and Other Densities" - Oil paint, acrylic, canvas
- Brenna J. Gourgeot - "Silent Majority" - Oil on canvas
- Bineshii R. Hermes-Roach - "Untitled" - Digital illustration on inkjet transparency
- Carolyn J. McShea - "D1NO" - Spray paint, matboard
- Sophie E. Meade - "Vole Series 1" - Pencil on paper
- Timothy Felix Rizvanov - "Pan-Uralic: A Panethnic Genealogy" - Digital print
- Sky L. Roehl - "Glare" - Ink on paper
- Kevin P. Soraci - "Shepherd or Butcher" - Oil on canvas
- Hollye Karina Swinehart - "Suspended Exhalation" - Etching
- Grace I. Sylvia - "Psychogenetic" - Oil on masonite
- Cecilia Duran Torres - "Garlic" - Ink jet print