Enhancing Our Common Spaces
The program, initiated in 1991, recognizes and celebrates Dartmouth seniors and helps build a stronger sense of pride in our residential facilities by enhancing our common spaces with a variety of student artwork. Students enjoy and are inspired by artwork created by their peers. The name and class year of the artist appears on the plaque affixed to each piece of artwork.
Approximately 15 pieces are selected and purchased each year; the pieces are then displayed in undergraduate residential spaces throughout campus.
To see the list of artists and to view photos of the artwork acquired over the life of the program, please go to the gallery.
We celebrate graduating artists annually at a reception marking the opening of the Senior Studio Art Majors' Exhibition.
- Alomepe Beverly - "Chrysalis #2" - paper, spray paint
- Karen Chaw - "Untitled" - charcoal (drawing of hand with wedding rings)
- Dondei Dean - "To the Boy Who Called Me Aunt Jemima As I Got Dressed For My Part As Auntie Em" - pastels
- Helena Eitel - "Pressing Memories" - oil paint and collage
- Amarachi Ihoinu - "Inside My Darkness I Found The Answer" - oil on masonite
- Marina Massidda - "Self-Portrait No. 3 from the series "Closer."" - oil on canvas
- Samantha Modder - "I Am Logan" - ballpoint pen and tissue paper
- Moriah Morton - "Electric Energy" - oil paint on canvas
- Kelsey Phares - "Untitled 17.3 (CCTV-Beijing)" - digital media printed on transparency
- Joshua Renaud - "Today, I Remember" - paper, plaster, acrylic, spray paint, india ink
- Alexandra Riesco - "Chemical Weathering Series: I. Carbonation, II. Oxidation, III. Dissolution" - triptych
- Andrew Shea - "Papel Picado, Blue Over Yellow" - oil on canvas
- Precious Yeboah - "Nsruba" - oil paint and gesso
- Amy Zhang - "I just wanted to hold you, I wanted to hold you, I just want to hold you" - graphite on paper
- Amy Sung - "Artificiality" - pastels
- Anthony Chicaiza - "It's Best Not To Say" - relief ink and watercolors on rag paper