Tips for Writing Your Constitution
- Bring all stakeholders together, including your advisor and founding members, to write the constitution.
- Start by writing your mission, which is a statement that explains your group's purpose.
- Write your constitution in a broad manner, so that future leaders can use it.
- Write your constitution with the future in mind. Do not use proper names, dates, locations, and exact meeting times.
- Keep your constitution in an editable digital format (Microsoft Word document), a permanent digital format (pdf) for web use, and a hard copy in print.
- Make sure you have uploaded your constitution to OrgSync so that all members can access it.