The Alcohol Management Program (AMP) reflects Dartmouth College's commitment to provide the safest possible social atmosphere for members of the College community and their guests. Its success depends upon the cooperative efforts of students, faculty, administration, and alumni in both understanding and upholding the spirit of personal responsibility and respect for self and others that is embodied in these procedures.
Social gatherings at Dartmouth College are an important part of our community life. For all events, regardless if alcohol is present, we strive to achieve the following goals:
- Comply with College policy and state and local laws.
- Respect the rights of all individuals and respect the property of others.
- Protect the health and safety of community members and their guests.
- Empower and encourage students to assume an active role in the planning and management of social events
- Provide an enjoyable atmosphere conducive to positive social interaction.
- When alcohol is present, model responsible alcohol use.
- Decrease legal liability for students, organizations and Dartmouth College.