Making Your Event Accessible
- All advertising should include contact information for anyone that may have accessibility requests.
- When planning your event, please speak with the venue coordinator in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made for your constituents.
- Advertising: Provide information about the event (smoke-free, wheelchair accessible, food concerns, etc...)
- Location: Be sure to choose a location that is accessible.
- Food: Be aware of food allergies and take this into account when planning for an event.
- Audio-Visual: Captioning and listening devices are available, but may require two weeks’ notice by event organizers.
- Handouts: Distribute information in advance if possible.
For more information about making your event accessible, please speak with Student Accessibility Services.