This policy applies to the large undergraduate residential common spaces that can be reserved for events:
Brace Commons, East Wheelock House
Fahey Ground and First-Floor Main Lounges, West House
House Center A, North Park and South Houses
House Center B, Allen and School Houses
Occom Commons, McLaughlin Living Learning Communities
Instructions for Residential Events:
- Submit a reservation request through the EMS system.
- Please do not assume you are approved to use the space until you receive confirmation, even if the calendar shows that a space is available.
Instructions for Non-Residential Events:
- If your event complies with this policy, please submit a reservation request through the EMS system.
- Reservations for non-residential events are typically limited to 8am-3pm, Monday through Friday. Reservation requests for non-residential events outside of this timeframe are likely to be declined.
- House Centers A and B cannot be reserved for non-residential events.
- Common spaces cannot be reserved for non-residential events occurring during reading periods, final exams, or New Student Orientation.
- To seek an exception to the reservation policy, please send an email to the Administrative Assistant for the space you would like to reserve. Administrative Assistant names are provided below.
- Please do not assume you have approval to use the space until you receive confirmation, even if the calendar shows that a space is available. Reservations can be declined for various reasons, including limited staff time to process and support your reservation request.
- Weekdays 3pm-Midnight and entire weekends are considered "prime time" for residential programming, community gatherings, and resident use. Only residential staff and student leaders can reserve common spaces during these times. This stipulation does not apply during interim periods.
- Recurring Events: Only residential staff and student leaders can book common spaces for recurring residential events.
- Reservation requests for non-residential events will be accepted at the start of the term for events during that term, no sooner than one month prior to the desired event date, and no later than seven days prior to the event.
- Please allow a minimum of two business days to process your request.
- All requests for AV, furniture, unlocking doors, or other set-up must be requested no later than 5 business days before the event. We may not be able to accommodate changes to your request under 5 business days before the event.
- Non-residential events will typically be limited to no more than four hours in duration.
- Common spaces cannot be reserved during the College shutdown in late December, during which time no services are available.
- Brace Commons, Fahey Lounges, and Occom Commons are reserved through Conferences and Events between Spring Term Closing and Summer Term Closing.
Special Note about House Centers A and B:
- House Centers can be reserved only for residential events.
- House Centers are open spaces for student use and students should be able to access snack bars, study nooks, Green Print stations, and bathrooms, so events in the House Centers must be open to all students. Events that require privacy should be scheduled for another location.
- House Center B has two sections that can be reserved separately: first floor and second floor.
Brace Commons, East Wheelock House: Lorraine Bosse, Lorraine.M.Bosse@Dartmouth.edu
Fahey Ground and First-Floor Main Lounges, West House: Pamela Duffy, Pamela.K.Duffy@dartmouth.edu
House Center A, North Park and South Houses: Jessica Zippin, Jessica.G.Zippin@dartmouth.edu
House Center B, Allen and School Houses: Erin McMahon, Erin.P.McMahon@dartmouth.edu
Occom Commons, McLaughlin LLCs: Pamela Duffy, Pamela.K.Duffy@dartmouth.edu