- All private rooms must be clean and organized
- All house manager closets must be clean and organized
- All storage areas must be organized and have a three-foot pathway through the area
- Nothing may block the fire alarm panel or sprinkler check point
- Nothing may hang on ANY sprinkler pipes
- All broken windows must be repaired as soon as possible
- All holes in any walls must be repaired as soon as possible
- No combustible couches may be in common areas
- Boiler/sprinkler/utility rooms must be clean, clear and organized
Every room in the house will be inspected. Private houses need to make sure that the house manager has a key to every door. College houses may lock the room doors.
If the house fails the inspection, no social activities or events may take place over the upcoming Homecoming, Winter Carnival, Green Key or Fieldstock weekend. A $100 re-inspection fine will be levied.
Items that result in a $100 fine
- Emergency backup lights must be working and exit signs lit
- Fire extinguishers must be charged and not blocked
- Space heaters (any style)
- Microwaves in private rooms
- Toaster ovens in private rooms
- Hotplates in private rooms
- ‘George Foreman’ grills in private rooms
- Smoke detectors not plugged in or missing from the ceiling. Room smoke detectors must be plugged in & on the ceiling at all times
- Fire extinguisher false alarm $100 fine
- Illegal extension cord fines (2 Prong) . This fine may be reduced to $50 if the individual purchases a three-prong extension cord or a power strip and brings the illegal cord to Bernard Haskell with a receipt for the new cord.
If you have a Life Safety Code Violation, you may not hold a Social Event. Violations include:
- Damaged life safety equipment
- Exit signs not working
- Emergency backup lighting not working
- Fire doors not closing, etc.
- Holes in walls or ceilings
- Exit stairs with ice or snow