About the Greek Leadership Council
The GLC exists to serve the needs and interests of the students affiliated with Greek letter organizations and any open societies recognized by the five sub-councils: the Inter-Fraternity Council, the Panhellenic Council, the Gender-Inclusive Greek Council, the Multicultural Greek Council and the National Pan-Hellenic Council — and directly with the presidents of all recognized Greek organizations on campus.
The GLC is dedicated to the following principles, which transcend the differences between the sub-councils and individual organizations:
- Maintaining the integrity of the Greek community: The GLC identifies any large gaps in the culture of Dartmouth’s Greek community and addresses them to maintain standards of civic, academic, personal, and community excellence.
- Greek unity: The GLC strives to support each organization and governing sub-council in their own needs, but also helps individuals see their place in the larger community by encouraging co-sponsorship of events, overseeing Greek-wide policies and facilitating constructive working relationships between the governing sub-councils.
- The GLC encourages and supports its constituents in their pursuit of academic success, leadership development, and flourishing in social environments. The GLC promotes individual and group responsibility and accountability to achieve these ends.
- Betterment of the community: The GLC supports any and all initiatives and projects which serve the Dartmouth community and the Upper Valley by developing its infrastructure, benefiting its members, or positively changing its social climate.
- Successful prolongation of the Greek community: The GLC seeks to see both its member organizations and the entire Greek community survive and thrive, and to proactively address or prevent situations which may endanger that success.
The GLC works as an embodiment of combined attitudes and efforts to foster the Greek Life experience in every facet possible, for as many students as possible, in the best ways possible.
- Dartmouth Greek Social Responsibility and First Year Students (pdf)
- GLC Sexual Misconduct Policy Waiver
Contact the Greek Leadership Council.