From Thursday 28 August 2014 to Monday 20 October 2014, no First Year student may enter a Greek chapter house EXCEPT during Greek Leadership Council (GLC)-approved substance-free events.
- If caught violating this policy, the first year student will be suspended from the recruitment ("rush") process until after completion of the sophomore year
- Repeat offenders may be subject to more serious punishments
- An organization found responsible for allowing first-year students into their house will face a fine established by their governing sub-council
GLC Approved Events
- A GLC-approved event is a substance-free event that welcomes first-year students and takes place within a public space
- Performances by campus dance groups
- BBQ on the lawn
- Tournaments or pick up games
- Watch football at fraternities on Sundays
- Educational programs
- Movie nights
- At Dartmouth, the Greek community is very open to all members of campus; however, we want to ensure that you can ease your way into college without the added stress of an unfamiliar social scene.
- You will be able to meet many members of the Greek community and learn about the parts of our Greek organizations that extend beyond social life.
- In addition, these first few weeks of your first year will give you the time to truly bond with your class.