Students apply for funding in the 5th week of the term before they intend to engage in the research. Funding will not be awarded retroactively or for applications submitted in the same term as the research. Failure to follow instructions may result in a delay in your application decision or rejection of your application. Be sure to read ALL of the information carefully.
** Go to the UGAR applications Canvas site for instructions and links to the application submission system.
- Application form
- Research proposal (4-6 double-spaced pages; this page limit does not include references, additional figures, etc.)
- Itemized budget (not required for students who will be conducting leave term research on campus)
- Recommendation from faculty research advisor
- Recommendation request form must be submitted by the student one week before the application deadline
- Consult with your faculty research advisor to determine whether your project needs to be reviewed by the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects. The review process can be lengthy so if there is any chance that your project will require review, submit your CPHS materials as early as possible (on or before the UGAR application deadline).
- If you are proposing to travel to a country on the US State Department Travel Warning list, you will need to submit an application for a travel waiver on or before the UGAR deadline.
- Students applying for funding for group research projects MUST discuss their proposal with UGAR prior to the application deadline.