Students apply for funding the term before the one in which they intend to engage in the research. Funding will not be awarded retroactively or for applications submitted in the same term as the research.
Application materials and specific instructions are available on Canvas:
- Enroll in the UGAR applications Canvas site
- This link is available only during application periods: from the first day of each academic term until the application deadline for that term.
- You will be asked to web authenticate and then confirm that you want to enroll.
- Once you enroll, you will not be able to un-enroll on your own. All users will be unenrolled at the end of each academic term.
- The Canvas site will be open for enrollment on the first day of each term and will close after the application deadline.
Application checklist (all materials are submitted via Canvas):
- Application form
- Research proposal
- Itemized budget and budget justification
- Recommendation from faculty research advisor (requested and submitted via online system) must be submitted one week before the application deadline.
- Consult with your faculty research advisor to determine whether your project needs to be reviewed by the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects. If your project will require review, then you must submit your CPHS materials at the same time as you submit your grant application.
- If you are proposing to travel to a country on the US State Department Travel Warning list, you must submit your application for a travel waiver at the same time as you submit your grant application.