COVID-19: Implications for UGAR programs
The following apply to ALL UGAR programs:
- Travel: updates to Dartmouth-sponsored travel policies went into effect April 19
- Sponsored travel will be unrestricted within the U.S. for all vaccinated faculty, staff, and students.
- Sponsored travel within New England is also unrestricted for individuals who are unvaccinated; however, they must apply for a travel exception to participate in Dartmouth-sponsored travel outside of New England and will need to quarantine before returning to campus.
- For health and safety reasons and to facilitate support during emergencies, all Dartmouth-sponsored travelers are required to enter plans for domestic travel outside of New England into Dartmouth's updated travel registry. Further information is available here.
- Currently, all international Dartmouth-sponsored travel still requires a travel exception. Note that UGAR may extend its ban on funding international travel even if students are granted a travel waiver.
- Dartmouth continues to discourage all nonessential travel for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, given that, when people are on the move, so is the virus. More information regarding travel policies can be found here.
- Campus access: undergraduates are permitted access to Dartmouth-affiliated buildings and facilities, including libraries and research labs, only if they register for campus access (which requires partcipation in the COVID testing protocol). See the policy on undergraduate research for academic year 2021-2022.
- Student status: if students withdraw from the College for any reason (in good standing or not), they are not eligible for UGAR programs during the terms in which they are withdrawn. If students are accepted for a UGAR program in a given term but withdraw from the College during that term, they must contact UGAR immediately. See the College webpage on withdrawals for more information.