The goal of the Sophomore and Junior Research Scholars programs is to provide meaningful faculty-mentored research experiences for undergraduates.
- Eligibility: Sophomores and juniors in any academic discipline
- Number of terms: One or two per academic year (summer through spring)
- Payment: $1000 stipend per term (for 7-12 hours per week, for a total of 100 hours over the course of the term).
- Tracking: Students are not required to submit timesheets, but it is strongly recommended that they keep a document tracking time spent and tasks accomplished.
- Application: Students apply in the term before the term in which they plan to begin the research. Applications are due one week before the last day of classes.
- Process: Students contact faculty about research opportunities or faculty may also approach students with whom they would be interested in working. Once the student and faculty mentor agree on a project, students submit an online application. Faculty mentors then confirm the collaboration via an online form.