Sophomore Research Scholars
The goal of the Sophomore Research Scholars program is to provide meaningful faculty-mentored research experiences for sophomores.
- Eligibility: Sophomores in any academic discipline
- Number of terms: One or two
- Payment: $1000 stipend per term (for 7-12 hours per week, for a total of 100 hours over the course of the term).
- Tracking: Students are not required to submit timesheets, but it is strongly recommended that they keep a document tracking time spent and tasks accomplished.
- Application: Students may apply in the spring of first year for research starting in sophomore fall. Applications also will be accepted in the summer, fall, and winter for research in the subsequent term. The exception to this is that applications are accepted spring term for research in the summer and/or fall terms.
- Process: Students contact faculty about research opportunities or faculty may also approach students with whom they would be interested in working. Once the student and faculty mentor agree on a project, students submit an online application. Faculty mentors then confirm the collaboration via an online form.