Sophomore Research Scholars
The goal of the Sophomore Research Scholars program is to provide meaningful faculty-mentored research experiences for sophomores.
- Eligibility: Sophomores in any academic discipline
- Number of terms: One or two
- Payment: $1000 stipend per term (for 7-12 hours per week)
- Application: Students may apply in the spring of first year for research starting in sophomore fall. Applications also will be accepted in the summer, fall, and winter for research in the subsequent term.
- Process: Students contact faculty about research opportunities or faculty may also approach students with whom they would be interested in working. Once the student and faculty mentor agree on a project, students submit an online application. Faculty mentors then confirm the collaboration via an online form.