Requirements and Process
Each term we are looking for students to provide complete, organized, and neat notes to qualifying students with disabilities. Beginning summer 2020, we will be using an online database (A11y), where students can express interest in being a note-taker for the courses they are enrolled in, and share their notes via the same notetaker portal. Please login in to share your enrolled courses that you'd like to be considered. Selected candidates will be notified via their Dartmouth email address. If you aren't able to enter the next term's courses, you may need to wait until the desired term begins or is about to begin.bIf you are unable to login to the A11y portal, please let us know and we can add your profile.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Take clear, comprehensive notes (using legible handwriting or by typing).
- Email Notetaking with two samples of notes as a Word or PDF file (preferably from classes similar to the one for which you are applying). If you have previously worked for us as a note-taker, we will use those notes as your sample notes.
- Able to commit to providing notes for all live/synchronous sessions of course.
- Remote position open to eligible students: U.S. citizens, permanent residents, EAD holders, and international students with an F-1 or J-1 immigration status.
Note: Applying does not guarantee a notetaking position. It allows us to match incoming requests to students who are interested and qualified.
Hired students will be expected to complete the Canvas training course that highlights our protocols and expectations. The Canvas site will also have the appropriate forms for student employees to complete. All new and previously employed note-takers will need to complete this course, as there are many changes and required forms for all employees.