General program information:
- Students work on year-long projects in which the intellectual scope and breadth of imagination goes beyond what can be accomplished by taking courses in the existing curriculum.
- Senior fellows are not required to enroll in classes during their senior year nor are they required to complete a major.
- Senior Fellows are selected and evaluated by the Committee on Senior Fellowships according to the guidelines specified in the ORC.
Information for faculty advisors:
- Fellowship applicants are required to provide potential advisors with a packet of information outlining the program and explaining the role of the faculty advisors.
- Faculty who are pre-tenure should consider very carefully whether to commit to advising a Senior Fellow, and it is strongly recommended that they discuss this with the department/program chair before agreeing to advise a fellowship.
- Note that some departments and programs take the view that they are so committed to their regular program and to directing senior honors projects that they cannot allow their faculty to devote extensive time to Senior Fellows.