Academic Skills Center Internships - General Information - No Current Positions
Employer: Academic Skills Center
Department: Academic Skills Center
Nature of Employer: The primary mission of the Academic Skills Center is to provide a variety of academic enrichment services and programs to Dartmouth students. The ASC is available to all students who wish to improve their academic skills and learning ability in order to maximize their academic experience, achieve greater academic performance, and increase their personal fulfillment. The ASC works collaboratively with the faculty and other student affairs offices to reach an increasingly diverse and dynamic student population.
- Interns should be motivated, responsible, committed, and student-service oriented. They should possess strong communication, organizational, and computer (Microsoft Suite and database management) skills.
- Interns need to be able to work independently, as well as being an effective team member.
- Interns will observe and attend to the diversity and confidentiality policies of the Academic Skills Center and the Division of Student Affairs.
Position Description: The Academic Skills Center Intern will provide support to the ASC professional staff in the management of various ASC programs. Tasks may include:
- Website maintenance and updates
- Social media and marketing
- Database management and generating reports
- Administrative duties
- Receptionist work
- Long and short-term projects
- Assisting with daily tasks involved in organizing, planning, and managing Group and Individual Tutoring
Hours per Week: Flexible, typically from 10-20 hours/week
Rate of Pay: $13.50/hour