Graduation Preparation

Whether you plan to graduate in June or are postponing your graduation until a later date, please reference the guidelines below as you prepare to finish your undergraduate career.

Apply for Bachelor of Arts Degree

Go to DartHub and search for the Degree Application tile.  When filling in your Degree Application, please be sure to complete the PRONUNCIATION section of the application (the PRONUNCIATION section is used by the Readers at the Commencement ceremony).  The Degree Application is used to confirm your intent to graduate; the deadline for completing the Degree Application for Winter and Spring term graduates is February 14, 2019. Fall term graduates need to have this completed by October 24, 2018.

Degree Audit (DartHub: DartWorks)

  • Please go to DartHub and click on DartWorks.  Review your degree audit carefully and confirm completion of degree requirements including:
    • specific course requirements (such as Writing, First-Year Seminar, and Language)
    • distributive requirements
    • world culture requirements
    • swim test
    • PE requirement
  • Contact the Registrar's Office to discuss any questions/discrepancies.
  • Check with your major/minor department or program about your progress towards completion of the major and/or minor.
  • Contact the Physical Education Department with questions regarding the PE requirement, which includes the swim test.  Keep in mind that your swim test will not appear as completed on Degreeworks or Banner until you have also completed your three PE courses.
  • Do not NRO a course you may need for general education or other future purposes. A course in which the final standing is NR cannot be used to satisfy a major requirement, distributive, world culture, or specific course requirement. For details on the Non-Recording Option, refer to the ORC.


Family Addresses

Make sure the addresses for your parents, guardians and/or families are correct in DartHub so that they can receive important Commencement information.

Financial Aid & Loans

Students with financial aid loans must complete Exit Counseling sessions. The Financial Aid and/or Campus Billing and DartCard Services will send out notification emails during the spring term with instructions on where to complete the sessions online.

International Students on an F-1 or J-1 Visa

Contact the Office of Visa and Immigration Services (OVIS):

  • for assistance generating a letter for family members seeking to obtain a visa to attend Commencement
  • for final questions regarding the duration, extension, or termination of your immigration status in the United States
  • to apply for Optional Practical Training, if eligible
  • to arrange for transfer to another school, if applicable
  • to arrange for change of level to another school or program at Dartmouth, if applicable
  • to pick up any remaining immigration documents from OVIS or USCIS


Return all borrowed books to the library from which they were borrowed and pay any fines.

Campus Billing and DartCard Services

Make sure your bill (including DartCard charges, tuition, and room and board) is in good standing with Campus Billing and DartCard Services. Watch for a pre-graduation bill that will be sent in May.