Certifying Official

Our certifying official resides in the Registrar’s office. They make sure your eligibility is sent to the VA well ahead of time and updates the VA when courseloads change.

Certifying Official

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I set up my VA benefits?

  • The VA help line to call is 1-888-442-4551. They will be able to answer any questions you have about setting up your benefits.
  • More information on Dartmouth’s end can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website.

How do I make sure my BAH and my book stipend comes to me?

  • Call the VA help line for more information: 1-888-442-4551
  • There is a process you will have to go through to apply for your benefits.

How does my information get recorded with the VA for my benefits to take effect?

  • Once the VA approves your benefit, you will be given a certificate of eligibility. You will need to provide this certificate of eligibility to the Registrar’s office.
    • The Registrar then certifies you with the VA each term you are enrolled.

If I have to withdraw in the middle of a term, what happens to my VA benefits?

  • Your VA benefits for that term will be terminated.
  • Your funding is prorated for the time you were enrolled in classes.

If I decide to take a two or four-course load what happens to my benefits?

  • Two-course term – tuition and fees do not change, BAH may be prorated (may be less)
  • No changes if you take a four-course load