Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up my VA benefits?
- The VA help line to call is 1-888-442-4551. They will be able to answer any questions you have about setting up your benefits.
- More information on Dartmouth’s end can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website.
How do I make sure my BAH and my book stipend comes to me?
- Call the VA help line for more information: 1-888-442-4551
- There is a process you will have to go through to apply for your benefits.
How does my information get recorded with the VA for my benefits to take effect?
- Once the VA approves your benefit, you will be given a certificate of eligibility. You will need to provide this certificate of eligibility to the Registrar’s office.
- The Registrar then certifies you with the VA each term you are enrolled.
If I have to withdraw in the middle of a term, what happens to my VA benefits?
- Your VA benefits for that term will be terminated.
- Your funding is prorated for the time you were enrolled in classes.
If I decide to take a two or four-course load what happens to my benefits?
- Two-course term – tuition and fees do not change, BAH may be prorated (may be less)
- No changes if you take a four-course load