The Ranny B. Cardozo, Jr. 1978 Award
JUNIOR PRIZE NOMINATIONS
THE RANNY B. CARDOZO, JR. 1978 AWARD
Awarded each year to "the outstanding member of the Junior class who most exemplifies Ranny B. Cardozo's academic enthusiasm, genuine concern for fellow classmates, and dynamic participation in campus and community activities." A committee of students in the Senior class, chaired by the previous year's Cardozo prize recipient, recommends a recipient to the Dean of the College.
Nominations of Juniors (members of the Class of 2024) are solicited from faculty and administrators as well as members of the Senior class via an online form.
The nomination process for the Class of 2024 will open in Spring term 2023. We look forward to hearing from you then. Thank you!
Contact Kathleen Cunneen in the Office of Student Life with questions.
The Ranny B. Cardozo, Jr. 1978 Award was established by classmates, parents and friends of Ranny Cardozo '78, who died in October of 1976. A member of Psi Upsilon, the Dartmouth Ski Patrol, the Sailing team, and The Dartmouth, he successfully blended his academic responsibilities with campus activities. Equally important to Ranny, however, were his friendships. Those who knew Ranny remember him for his sensitivity, tolerance, and outgoing nature.
- 2021: Mariana Peñaloza Morales '22
- 2020: Nai-lah Shamone Dixon '21
- 2019: Khymaya Ayanna Perkins '20
- 2018: Sandile John Dube '19
- 2017: Rafael Angel Nuñez, Jr. '18
- 2016: Sera Sara Kwon '17
- 2015: Silvia Arora '16, Andrew Nalani '16
- 2014: Aaron Michael Briggs '15
- 2013: Jalil Mustaffa Bishop '14
- 2012: Anna Marie Morenz '13
- 2011: Adam Turett Rice '12
- 2010: Emily Towles Broas '11