The Dartmouth Pledge
As a member of the Dartmouth community
I hold myself to the highest standards of learning, teaching, service, and scholarship. I will conduct myself with integrity, in all matters.
As a citizen of this community, I accept several responsibilities
- I am responsible for my own education.
- I will read, understand, and uphold the Academic Honor Principle.
- I will contribute to this community and conduct myself, here and in the wider world, in a manner worthy of my education.
I affirm that in the Dartmouth community
- We learn together.
- We teach one another.
- We create knowledge together.
- We treat ourselves and each other with dignity and respect.
- We recognize that our diverse backgrounds broaden our understanding of the world.
- We appreciate that an honest and civil exchange of ideas — especially conflicting ones — strengthens our intellect and makes for an inclusive community.