Guidelines for Using the Rollins Labyrinth
You are welcome to walk the labyrinth in Rollins Chapel as slowly, quickly, and as often as you like.
Though there is no right or wrong way to walk the labyrinth, we offer the following suggestions as a guide for those who seek some direction.
- Walking the labyrinth is a purely individual journey.
- Please remove your shoes before walking the labyrinth.
- Enter with an open heart and an open mind.
- You may wish to walk with an intention. If so, allow yourself to focus on that intention before you begin.
- Allow yourself to move at a pace that feels comfortable and intentional.
- Resist the urge to focus on reaching the center; rather, attend to the step just ahead of you.
- Allow others to pass by moving to the side of the path.
- You may pass other walkers moving at a slower pace.
- Remain in the center as long as you wish; you may sit, stand or kneel.
- Pause upon exiting the labyrinth to reflect on your walk.
If you have questions or concerns about the labyrinth or if you have suggestions for additional uses for the labyrinth, please contact the Tucker Center.