- Awards for study abroad
- Undergraduate and post-graduate fellowships for graduate study or research
- Dartmouth grants for graduate study or research
Center for Professional Development
- Resources and advice on leave term opportunities.
National Science Foundation
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): Funding for undergraduates to participate in research projects funded by the National Science Foundation (must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply).
National Institutes of Health
- Summer Internship Program (SIP): Opportunities for undergraduates to engage in biomedical research
Computing Research Association: Undergraduate Research Listing Service
- Free service that lists undergraduate research opportunities in the field of computer sciences (summer positions, research programs, etc.)
Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program
- Eight- to ten-week summer internships in the sciences, social sciences or humanities. The program is designed to encourage students from groups traditionally underrepresented in these areas to consider research careers in academic, public or private sectors.
National Amgen Scholars Program
- Summer research opportunities at a number of leading institutions. Includes a stipend, housing, meal plan, and transportation.
Pathways to Science
- This is a project of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP). It supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, with particular emphasis on connecting underrepresented groups with STEM programs, funding, mentoring and resources.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
- Research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Multiple types of opportunities available including summer research.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute: Janelia Undergraduate Scholars
- Ten-week paid summer internship in neurobiology.
Fulbright Summer Institutes for US Undergraduates
- Summer institutes in a variety of academic disciplines at universities in the the UK. The summer institutes cover the majority of institute costs.
NASA Student Airborne Research Program
- Six-week summer research program in Earth system science using NASA's DC-8 flying laboratory.
RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering)
- Summer internships for undergraduate students from the US, Canada and the UK in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences and engineering. RISE summer placements take place with research groups at universities and top research institutions across Germany.
SENS Research Foundation Summer Internship Opportunities
- Research internships in regenerative medicine at multiple research sites including Harvard, University College London, Oxford, Wake Forest and others.
NASA Undergraduate Research and Internship Opportunities
- Multiple opportunities for internships, scholarships, and fellowships.
Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship (SARF)
- An innovative research-based artist residency program.
Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Six-week intensive and personalized medical and dental school preparation for eligible students (full tuition, housing and meals provided)
Summer Program in Quantitative Sciences
- Intensive 4-week introduction to biostatistics, epidemiology and public health research. The program provides a stipend, room, board and funding for travel.
Pasteur Foundation Summer Internship Program
- Summer research internship at the Institut Pasteur in Paris, France. Interns will carry out research supervised by a lab mentor in biosciences and biomedical research.
Energy Efficient Electronics Science Summer Internship Program
- Summer research internship at UC Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, and University of Texas at El Paso. Nine-week program for undergraduates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in science. Program includes stipend, housing, meals, and travel expenses
European Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- EuroScholars is a unique study abroad program for advanced undergraduates whereby students have the opportunity to conduct research at a high caliber institution in a chosen field of study while taking a language and culture class. Twelve different European universities are participating as host institutions for the exceptional students in this program.
Biological Discovery in Woods Hole
- Summer research program for sophomores and juniors in molecular and cell biology, neurobiology & behavior, physiology, developmental biology, ecology and evolutionary biology. Program includes a stipend as well as room and board.
Computational & Information Systems Lab (CISL)
- Summer research opportunities for undergraduates.
American Heart Association Undergraduate Student Summer Research Fellowship
- Summer research funding for students from all disciplines to engage in full-time research and to consider cardiovascular research careers.
i3 Inclusion Institute of Information Sciences
- Residential summer institutes, a year-long research and innovation project, and mentoring from professionals and academics within the field.
Novus Biological Scholarship
- Scholarship that is awarded to students pursuing a degree in a science related field. A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to one student for the fall and spring semesters.