- Programs & Initiatives
- For Students
- For Faculty
- For Community Partners
- News & Events
Back to Top Nav
Global Citizenship is an experiential online course through which you will develop skills and competencies needed to thrive in the 21st century, whilst learning more about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, enabling you to play an active role in advancing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. You will complete a series of experiential activities, offline tasks, reflections and facilitated discussions. The three-week course offers nine hours of learning that you can complete at your own pace alongside a global network of your peers across the Matariki Network—at universities in Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, UK and USA.
As a result of the programme, you will be:
• Equipped to take rapid action on the Sustainable Development Goal that you choose
• Able to step outwards and collaborate with diverse networks
• Ready to challenge preconceptions and better inform people's perspectives
• Better equipped to operate across hierarchies
• Better prepared to live and maintain your values and integrity
Earn a Global Citizenship micro-credential
Upon successful completion of the course, you can earn the 'Global Citizenship' micro-credential, demonstrating to the world that you've developed the skills to tackle complex global issues. This can be displayed on your LinkedIn page and in your digital backpack.