EE Just Summer Internship - Program Description
The E.E. Just Summer Internship Program provides opportunities for Dartmouth first-year students to pursue full-time research in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). These hands-on experiences are intended to inspire students from groups underrepresented in the sciences to major in a STEM discipline and to consider pursuing a career as a research scientist.
First-year students who are planning to major in a STEM field and are committed to the mission of the E.E. Just Program are eligible to apply for the summer research program. Applicants must identify a research mentor and work with that mentor in the spring to develop a summer research project lasting at least 8 weeks. Note that this is a competitive program and not all students who submit an application will be selected. Students may work with Dartmouth faculty in any science department (including math), and may also opt to work with faculty at Geisel or Thayer. Students who are not sure how to find a faculty mentor can refer to information on Finding a Faculty Research Mentor on the UGAR website.
Benefits & Responsibilities
- Funding: E.E. Just Summer Interns will receive a stipend to support full-time research (for 10 weeks) in a STEM field during the summer
- Community: E.E. Just Summer Interns will participate in some aspects of Dartmouth Adventures in STEM (August 12- 17, 2018)
- Final Report: A final report summarizing your experience and scientific findings
(Links are only active during application phase.)
- February: Deadline to submit the online recommendation request form with the name and email address of two Dartmouth faculty who have agreed to write recommendations on your behalf:
- Faculty Reference: A Dartmouth faculty member who is familiar with your academic work and/or your academic and career goals
- Research Mentor: A Dartmouth professor who has agreed to supervise you on the proposed research project.
- March: Application deadline for all application materials:
- Online student application form
- Online faculty recommendation form
(completed by Dartmouth faculty - check in with them)