Printing at the Map Room
Printing stops 30 minutes prior to the Evans Map Room closing time. Check Map Room hours before going to print your poster
Once the Map Room staff approve your poster for printing, you can leave and pick up your poster at a later time. They will hold it for you until you return.
Students who received funding in the current academic year from WISP or UGAR for research that is presented at the symposium can print their poster in the Evans Map Room at no charge.
Poster tubes are also available for purchase in the Map Room. Contact the Map Room for availability and pricing.
Poster size and orientation
Set this before you start creating the poster, using the "page setup" menu.
- Required size: 48" wide by 36" high (size must be in inches)
- Orientation: landscape view (not portrait)
- Bring both the finalized PowerPoint file and the PDF file of your poster on a USB drive to the Map Room or save to cloud storage.
- The Map Room computers are for printing only and the Map Room staff are not equipped to help you design your poster or modify your file so that it prints properly.
- How to make a PDF
- PC users: Under the “Office button” choose “Save As” then “Adobe PDF”
- Mac users: see instructions below on making a PDF of your powerpoint poster