Printing at the Map Room
Printing stops 30 minutes prior to the Evans Map Room closing time. Check Map Room hours before going to print your poster
Once the Map Room staff approve your poster for printing, you can leave and pick up your poster at a later time. They will hold it for you until you return.
Poster tubes are available for purchase in the Map Room for $3 each.
Poster size and orientation
Set this before you start creating the poster, using the "page setup" menu.
- Size: 36" by 48" (size must be in inches, not metric units). See "How to make a full-size poster" above.
- Orientation: landscape view (not portrait)
- Bring a PDF file of your poster to the Map Room. You will not be able to print in the Map Room from your PowerPoint file.
- The Map Room computers are for printing only, not for poster design, and the Map Room staff are not equipped to help you design your poster or modify your file so that it prints properly.
- How to make a PDF
- PC users: Under the “Office button” choose “Save As” then “Adobe PDF”
- Mac users: see the step-by-step instructions below